Chaats are a variety of particularly common snacks which are popular in India. There are different varieties of chats and most common are aloo chana chaat.This chaat is a mix of sweet,hot and sour flavors and it tastes great if you make chat the day before you serve it. It is a zero oil recipe and has the goodness of protiens.
- Chick peas 1 cup
- Potatoes (boiled, peeled and cubed) 1 cup
- Onion(finely chopped) 1
- Green Chilly(chopped) –1
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chat Masala – 1tsp
- Tamarind Paste – 1tbsp
- Ketch up – 1tbsp (optional)
- Salt –1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1tbsp
- Boil chick peas with little salt and turmeric powder.soak a gooseberry sized piece of tamarind in 1/4 cup of hot water for 30 minutes.Squeeze out the pulp and discard solids and seeds.
- In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients well . Serve.