Aaloo took is a very popular dish of Sindhi cuisine.These double fried crispy potatoes slices can be served as a side dish or as a snack. It is very easy to prepare and you can half cook them before and refry them when needed. It is best served with daal, sindhi kadhi and sai bhaji
- Potatoes 6
- Mango powder 1 tsp
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dried mint powder 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil to deep fry
- Wash and peel potatoes and cut into slices or roundels.
- Take a bowl and add all the dry spices in it and mix well. Now Make criss cross cuts in them.
- Sprinkle salt over potato pieces and rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and then gently slide the potato slices in the oil just half fry them.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and drain on a paper napkin and let it cool down.
- Now press the potatoes between your palms or press with the bottom of a small metal bowl.
- Don’t press too hard, just have to slightly flatten them. Heat the oil again and fry the pieces on high heat till they become golden and crisp.
- Drain on a paper napkin and immedietely sprinkle the spice mix,and gently mix.
- Serve immediately as they will loose their crispiness after some time.