Bhatura is one of the most famous breads from the Punjab. It is used together with chola as ‘Chola-Bhatura’. The Bhatura is a delicious fried bread made with plain flour. Adding butter or ghee to the Bhatura dough makes it softer . The curd helps the Bhatura to rise and adds a slight sour taste which complements the Punjabi Chole
- Maida 250 gms
- Milk ½ cup
- Curd 1 tbsp
- Fruit salt eno 1 tsp
- Sugar ½ tsp
- Fresh cream 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Combine maida, fresh cream, salt, sugar and eno in a bowl and mix well now add milk and curd and knead this into a firm dough using water as required.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll each portion into a 5” diameter circle.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium-high flame and deep-fry the bhaturas till they puff up and are golden brown on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immidiatly with hot chhole.