A snack with almost iconic status in Western India, bhelpuri is low-fat, nutritious and delicious! This recipe serves two. Assemble bhelpuri just before you’re going to eat it to prevent the puffed rice from getting soggy.
Cooking Time 10 minutes
- puffed rice murmura 3 cups
- A handful of roasted and salted peanuts
- Potatoes 2 boiled, peeled and chopped into tiny cubes
- large onion 1 chopped fine
- large tomato 1 chopped fine
- Half a bunch of coriander chopped fine (approximately 50 gms/ 0.10 lbs)
- Green chillies 1 chopped fine
- Tamarind chutney to taste
- Mint-coriander chutney to taste
- A handful of coarsely crushed papdi
- Sev 1 cup
- Mix the puffed rice, peanuts, potato, onion, tomato, coriander and green chillies together in a large bowl.
- Add the chutneies according to your own taste preferences, mix well, garnish with plenty of sev and papdi. Serve and eat immediately.