A specialty of Indore……………………. I saw a program on Food from indore and i saw this dish ….. i liked it, as we just love ‘Bhuttas’ , I looked for recipe and after adding a few things i am satisfied with taste……
- Corn Cobs 2
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies 1
- Grated Ginger 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- A big pinch of Hing
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Grated Fresh Coconut 2 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- Grate or grind the corn into a coarse paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add the hing, finely chopped green chillies and grated ginger and stir for a few seconds.
- Now add the grated corn and turmeric powder and mix.
- Fry until the color changes slightly.
- Now add the milk to it and combine well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on a low flame.
- Cook until all the milk evaporates and the mixture thickens.
- Add the salt to it and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and add the lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well
- Garnish with grated coconut, coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
- Serve hot as a snack.