- Mini Idlis 25
- Curd 4-5 cup
- Milk/ Water 1 cup
- Sugar a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind chutney 2 tbsp
- Cashew 1 tbsp
- Coconut (fresh grated) 2 tbsp
- Green chillies 2
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves 5-6
- Urad dal 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chillies 3-4
- Asaefoetida a pinch
- Oil 1 tblsp
- Make mini idlis in the usual procedure and keep aside. If you do not have mini idli plate, make regular idlis and cut it into four.
- Fry the idlis , do not overfry to retain the cream colour.
- Beat the curd with water/ milk. Add the required salt and sugar to it.
- Heat oil in a small pan, splatter the mustard seeds, urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add this to the beaten curd with a pinch of asaefoetida.
- Grind the cashews, green chillies and grated coconut together and add it to the curd as well.
- Finally add the idlis half an hour before serving to prevent it from becoming soggy.
- Garnish with chutney of your choice like in dahi vada.
- Refrigerate and serve it chillied. It is the most refreshing snack for a summer day.