Eggless banana cake is a quick, easy one bowl cake recipe made with whole wheat flour and bananas. It is a light, soft and moist banana cake without eggs. If you have some ripe or over ripe bananas, no other special ingredients required. This recipe serves 8-10 people. If you want you can reduce the ingredients in this ratio. Your kids will love it….
- 8 ripe or over ripe bananas
- 3 cups whole wheat flour/attaa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees C. Peel and chop the bananas and mash.
- Add sugar, oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir very well so that the oil mixes with the banana puree and the sugar dissolves.
- Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Add them to the wet ingredients.fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients very well.
- Pour the batter in a greased or lined pan, gently tap and shake the pan. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 45 to 50 mins or till tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- When warm or cooled, slice and serve banana cake plain with tea or coffee.