very soft cake and keeps fresh for 4-5 days. I had some oranges in my fridge and so I thought to make some thing which my kids just loves, so I made this and and my kids just loved it…………..
- 2 cups whole wheat flour /maida
- tsp baking powder
- tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar/ powdered sugar
- ½ cup / butter
- tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp corn flour/corn starch
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sieve wheat flour with corn starch/custard powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Keep this sieved mixture aside.
- In a bowl add the sugar and oil/butter. Beat this mixture of oil/butter and sugar till well blended and creamy with an electric beater or hand beater.
- Add orange juice to the sugar and oil mixture. Stir very well.
- Now add the sieved flour mixture and orange zest. Mix everything very well. There should be no lumps in the cake batter.
- Pour the batter in a lined or greased cake tin of about 8 inches. Tap the pan from the sides so that excess air bubbles are released and the batter becomes even in the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 180 degrees C for 30-35 minutes.
- When warm or cool, serve orange cake with tea or coffee. You can wrap the remaining cake and keep in the fridge. This cake stays good for about a week in the fridge.