Raita is an important food item. It not only makes the simple white Curd delicious, but also helps in digestio serves the purpose of keeping body and mind cool in hot season.
- Yogurt( Curd) 500 gms
- Bottle Gourd/Gheeya/Lauki 1 ( small sized)
- Green Chilli 2 (crushed)
- Mint leaves 1tsp (crushed)
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin seed powder 1 tsp
- Whisk the curd and keep it aside.
- Peel the Gourd and cut about 1/2 inch from both the ends. Grate it.
- Now put grated Gheeya, salt, green chillies, red chilli powder, roasted cumin seed powder into the curd and mix them well. Gheeya Raita is ready.
- Take out the raita in a serving bowl, and garnish it with roasted cumin powder and red chilli powder . Serve it along with your meal.