One of the dishes which is simply adored and sought after by kids and adults as well!!
Cauliflower 1 Big
All purpose flour (Maida) 2 tbsp
Corn flour (or corn starch)- 2 cups
Chili powder 2 tbsp
Pepper powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Water as needed to make a thick batter
Garlic 3-4 cloves (finely chopped)
Ginger 1″(finely chopped)
Green chili 1 or 2
Tomato sauce 4 tbsp
Chilly sauce 1 tbsp (or as per your spice level)
Soy sauce 3 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
- Separate the florets and put in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Mix maida, cornflour,chili powder, pepper and salt. Add water to make a thick batter.
- Dip the florets and deep fry in oil and drain excess oil on the paper towel.
- Take a non stick pan. Pour 2 tbsp oil and saute the onions, ginger and garlic.
- Add the colored pepper and saute for 2 mins .
- Add the tomato sauce, chili sauce and soy sauce and mix a little.
- Finally add the fried cauliflower florets into the mixture.
- Mix it and garnish with finely chopped green onions or cilantro.
- Serve it with fried rice or chapatti.
- Instead of deep frying the florets you can fry on the non stick pan with enough oil.But the flowerets will be crispier in deep fry.
- Add the fried cauliflower just before serving to maintain its crispiness.