Hara bhara kabab is the most popular vegetarian kabab of North India, you can find this in every restaurant’s menu card. Addition of spinach, cottage cheese and peas make it healthy and rich in Iron, Folic Acid , Calcium and Fiber. It is mildly flavored and easy to cook and easy to digest.you can also use these kabab to make healthy burgers for children. Even my kids spinach and paneer so this is a great hit with them.
- Spinach leaves 20
- Green Peas, boiled 3/4 cup
- Potatoes, boiled 2
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese, crumbled 1/2 cup
- Semolina/ Sooji 2 tsp
- Green Chilies 3
- Cashew Nuts 5
- Garam Masala ½ tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Chat Masala 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Oil to fry
- Wash and remove the stalks of spinach,use the tender leaves only.
- Boil enough water in a pan and add 1/2 tsp sugar ,when water start boiling add in the spinach and wait till the leaves wilt and change the colour (blanch it)
- Drain and refresh with cold water ,and squeeze all the water from the spinach leaves,by pressing in between a cloth napkin
- Soak the cashew in water
- Now grind the boiled peas and green chilies in the mixer,without adding any water.
- Then add spinach leaves and grind again, remove the paste in a bowl
- Now add mashed potato,cottage cheese and spices and mix well.
- Make 10 balls from the mixture and shape into round pattices,press a cashew in the centre.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil or ghee in a non stick pan and shallow fry the pattice on medium heat till golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.
- Serve with a tangy dip or ketchup.