The Hara Dhania Parantha also known as the Coriander Parantha is a simple and healthy parantha that is extremely rich in fibre and nutrition. it can be used asa snack or packed into a lunch box for the kids school. It is also attractive to kids because of its beautiful green color.
- 300 grams (1½ cups) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- salt and black pepper powder to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Add a little water at a time and knead to make a firm and smooth dough. Drizzle a teaspoon of oil over the dough and knead for a couple of minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Keep the dough covered in a bowl for atleast 10 minutes before you can start making the paratha.
- Divide the dough in 10 to 12 portions. Take each paratha ball, roll it into a parantha.
- Now, heat the flat iron skillet on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Place the rolled parantha dough on the heated skillet and cook the paratha on medium heat until you notice it starts puffing up slightly in spots. At this point smear some oil over the paranthas and flip and cook in the other side. Cook on both sides, until you notice that the paranthas have brown spots on both sides.
- Serve delicious Hara Dhania Paratha or Coriander Parathas along with raitha or pickle of your choice.