Khoya Matar Makhana is a rich main course dish. It is heavy on calories due to the presense of Makhana and Khoya. I sometimes make it for a party at home and impress my friends and family.
- 100 gms mava (khoya)
- 100 gms boiled matar ( peas)
- 100 gms makhanas (lotus seeds)
- 10 Cashews ( cut in to halves)
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 onions, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/3 cup curds (dahi)
- 3 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- Roast the khoya without any ghee very lightly.
- Dry roast the makhanas very lightly in 1 tsp ghee.
- Cut the tomatotes into big pieces, add 1 teacup of water and cook. When soft, prepare a soup by passing through a sieve.
- Heat the ghee in vessel and fry cashews and take them outthen fry the onions till pink in colour.
- Add the ginger, green chillies, turmeric, dhania and chilli powders and fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add the tomato soup, curds, khoya, fried cashews and salt.
- Add the peas and makhanas and cook for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the garam masala and cook again for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.