- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) 1 cup
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Butter/Ghee (Pure ghee) for frying
- Water for kneading
- Make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta), 1tbsp oil & salt, as you would do for any parantha/roti.
- Make dough 30 minutes before and cover it with moist muslin cloth.
- Take a ball of dough. Now roll it into a chapatti of 6 ” diameter using dry flour.
- Heat the ghee so that it turns to liquid.
- Now spread the ghee properly over entire surface.
- Using a knife make a 2″ cut length wise and fold it in wards .
- Spread Oil on every fold. Now press it lightly towards the center to show the layers clearly and roll like a parantha..
- Cook on a pre-heated flat griddle plate.
- Turn the parantha and pour half tablespoon oil or butter.
- Spread it on the parantha and shallow fry over low heat.
- Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side. Cook on a low heat till golden brown.