matar paneer bhurji – spicy scrambled cottage cheese with onions, green chilies, tomatoes
- 200 gms paneer (Cottage cheese)
- 100 gms peas or ½ cup peas(boiled or microwaved)
- 2 small to medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 small to medium onion finely chopped onions
- 2 tsp garlic & ginger paste
- 1-2 green chilies, slit or chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- ½ tsp red chili powder(lal mirch powder)
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp kasuri methi
- ½ tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Now add the onions. fry the onions till light golden or golden.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for 30 sec . add chopped tomatoes
- Saute the tomatoes till they become mushy and you can see the oil leaving the sides.
- Add all the turmeric powder and red chili powder. Stir well .now add matar.
- Add 1 cup water. also add salt.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook matar on a medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Crumble the paneer in the meantime.
- Once the matar are cooked through and the water has dried up, add the crumbled paneer.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes or till the paneer gets cooked. also add slit green chilies.
- Add the kasuri methi and garam masala. garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve matar paneer bhurji hot with chapattis or paranthas.