- Whole Wheat flour 2 cups
- Ajwain 1 tsp
- Kasoori methi 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp & for deep frying
- water for kneading
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients .
- Add the two tbsp oil and mix. Now add little water at a time and knead in to a stiff dough, as the dough for pooris should always be slightly stiffer that what we knead for rotis
- Once the dough is ready. Heat oil for deep frying in a kadhai or deep pan
- In the meanwhile, make small rounds of the dough and start rolling out small circles
- When oil is hot, slowly dip in the rolled poori and allow it to cook on both the sides.
- Repeat this with all circles, serve hot with achar or aaloo ki sabji.