A mildly spiced Mexican rice preparation with kidney beans and bell peppers ………….This popular Mexican rice is cooked with jalapeno,capsicum and kideny beans .Its a spicy preparation,you can also use cooked canned kidney beans to make this ,but I prefer to soak and cook myself.,I tweaked it slightly to suit my taste, which comes out well .You can reduce the amount of jalepeno if you want to make it milder and can also add red and yellow bell peppers
- Rice-1 cup
- Boiled kidney beans 1 cup
- Onion 2 cut in small cubes
- Capsicum 1 cup
- Chopped jalapeno 1.5 tbsp
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes 1 tsp
- Ground cumin 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander( with steams) 1 cup
- Olive oi 4 tbsp
- Water 3 cup
- Tomato puree 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- lemon juice 1 tsp(optional)
- Chop jalapeno in small pieces and capsicum in cubes.( chop medium hot green chillies and soak them in white vinegar for 4 hours,add little salt)
- chop coriander and onion.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute onions for 2 mins and add rice (don’t wash and soak the rice ,you can wipe with a moist cloth if you wish) saute for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add chopped jalapeno and capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Now add boiled rajma (Soak and pressure cook rajma in salted water till done ,but not mushy) salt, oregano,chilli flakes and cumin powder and stir fry.
- Then add tomato puree, chopped coriander and hot water.
- Give it a boil and then lower the flame add lemon juice and cover and cook till done
- Gently stir 2-3 time in between.
- Fluff with a fork and serve hot.