Papdi Chaat is generally sold by street vendors in India and is one of the most popular snacks. Papdi Chaat is so easy to make and can be had as a snack, appetizer or a meal.
- Papdi/Papadi 20 or 1 pack
- Potato 1 med sized, boiled, peeled & diced
- Tomato 1/2 medium, finely chopped
- Chickpeas 1/4 cup, boiled or canned
- Onion 1/4 medium, finely chopped
- Yogurt 3/4 cup, well beaten
- Roasted Cumin Powder 1 tbsp to garnish
- Chaat Masala 1 tsp to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Red Chili Powder to taste
- Mint chutney 2 tbsp or to taste
- Tamarind chutney 2 tbsp to taste
- Thin Sev 1/2 cup
- Add the desired amount of Salt to well-beaten Yogurt.
- Spread a layer of Papdi on a plate.
- Sprinkle Potatoes, Tomatoes, Onions and Garbanzo Beans over the layer of Papdi.
- Drizzle Yogurt with a spoon, evenly over the Papdi.
- Sprinkle Chaat Masala, Roasted Cumin Powder and Red Chili Powder to taste.
- Pour both the chutnies on top to taste.
- Sprinkle Thin Sev for the final touch.
- Serve immediately.