Peanut Chaat is a combination of peanuts, tomatoes, cucumbers and spices. It is a delicious and satisfying snack-not to mention healthy and low-fat! It is easy to make. It can be served as an appetizer or anytime spicy snack.
Recipe will serve 4.
- Raw peanuts 1/2 cup
- salt to taste
- Turmeric (haldi) 1/8 tsp
- Tomatoes 3/4 cup cut in small cubes
- Cucumber 3/4 cup cut in small cubes
- Ginger 1 tbsp finally chopped
- Green chili 1 finally chopped
- Roasted cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/8 tsp
- Black pepper 1/8 tsp
- Sugar 1/4 tsp
- Mango powder (amchoor) 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- In a sauce pan add peanuts with 2 cups of water turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook over medium high heat for about 25 minutes until peanuts are soft.
- Drain the water and let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix ginger, chili, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin seed powder, red chili powder, black pepper, sugar, mango powder and lemon juice together.
- Mix the peanuts with tomatoes and cucumbers, add the spice mix and toss.
- Peanut Chaat is ready to serve.