As Potatoes are everyone’s favorite so there are so many recipes to make potato dishes. Children just love potato dishes. I love the flavour of mint and often use it to make chutney and raita .This pudina aloo is my favourite recipe which you can serve as a starter, as a snack or can serve as a side dish with any Indian bread. The mint flavour combine very beautifully with potatoes and gives a wonderful flavour to this pudina aloo stir fry.
- Potatoes, boiled 6 (medium)
- Mint leaves 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves 1/4 cup
- Green chilies, chopped 2
- Amchoor powder 1 tsp
- Chili powder 1tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Cooking Oil 5 tbsp
- Peel and chop boiled potatoes in medium size pieces.
- Wash and finely chop or roughly grind mint, corinader and green chilies.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add cumin and when it starts crackling add the mint paste. Stir fry till it start giving a nice aroma.
- Now add all the spices in it and stir.
- Add chopped potatoes and gently mix.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and simmer till potato absorb all the water.
- Serve hot.