Pithore is a delicious Rajasthani dish made from gram flour. Although in appearance it resembles Dhokla but method of preparation is very different.Serve it as a snack with tea.
- 1 cup besan (Gram Flour)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 green chilies chopped fine
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped fine
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1½ cup Water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- a pinch of asafoetida (heeng)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix together the gram flour, yoghurt, ginger paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, green coriander, and green chilies.
- Add water and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Gradually pour the above mixture into the pan.
- Cook on medium high heat till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Spread the mixture uniformly in a greased thaali. Let it set for 1 hour.
- Cut with a knife into 1″ cubes or diamond shapes.
- Now heat the oil in a pan again.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds when they stop spluttering, add heeng,sesame seeds and the pithore pieces. Stir gently for a minute.
- Remove from the flame and arrange in a dish.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice on top.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve hot.