Sev puri a street snack of mumbai….and my all time favorite and chaat recipe. sev puri is easy to make and just a few things have to be made before hand like thepapdies and chutneys. if you do not have time to make the puris and chutneys before hand, then buy them readymade. Two chutneies are added to it, the spicy mint and coriander chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.
- puris/papdis 24 flat
- Sev 1 cup
- Potato, 1 large boiled and chopped
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Tomato 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves ½ cup chopped
- 1 green chili chopped (optional
- 1 cup mint coriander chutney
- 1 cup sweet tamarind chutney
- 1-2 tsp red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1-2 tsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1-2 tsp chaat masala
- 1-2 tsp black salt/rock salt or common salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 2 cups water
- black salt
- Arrange the puris on a plate. top it up with chopped boiled potatoes.
- Add chopped onions and tomatoes to it.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and red chili powder on it, if you want at this stage.
- Top it up with the green chutney as much as you want.
- Top it up with the sweet chutney as much as you want.
- sprinkle sev on top. again sprinkle some chaat masala, red chili powder. sprinkle also black salt.
- Garnish sev puri with chopped coriander leaves.
- serve sev puri immediately.