Sukhe khatte Aloo are hot and spicy potatoes flavoured with coriander and spices that makes a great travel food. Goes very well with Poori or paranthas.
- 4 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (optional or to taste)
- salt to taste
- a small bunch of chopped coriander leaves
- oil for cooking
- Boil the potatoes, cool and peal them cut in cubes
- Heat oil in a kadai or a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat; add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add the potato mixture, all the remaining spices and salt. Stir to combine all the ingredients well. Sprinkle some water, just about a tablespoon, so that there is a small amount of moisture for the potato to cook well.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Allow the aloo sabzi to simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and allow it to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with poori, parantha or chapattis.