Bitter gourds stuffed with indian spices.This is a traditional and authentic bharwa karela recipe . we follow this same recipe from generations in my household.
- Bitter gourds 500 gms
- Amchoor powder ½ tsp
- Besan 2 tbsp
- fennel seed 1 tbsp
- cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil 5 tbsp
- Lightly scrap bitter gourds. Apply salt inside and outside of bitter gourds.and keep aside for 1/2 hour minimum. .then wash well 2,3 times with enough water and squeeze properly.
- Take a bowl ,add all the spices and 2 tsp oil and mix well..
- Slit the bittergourd lengthwise and stuff the masala .press tightly with your thumb.
- Heat 5 tbls oil in a thick bottom pan , add fennel seeds , let it release the aroma then add stuffed bittergourds.
- Cover and cook on slow flame.
- Keep turning the sides, so it can cook from all the sides.(it will take minimum 15 minute to cook properly)
- When done take out in a bowl and serve.
- It will remain fresh for minimum 3 days at room temperature.