- Penne 1 cup
- Olive oil 1/4 cup
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 small red chiles sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to garnish
- Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup
- Few sprigs of parsley for garnish ( or use basil)
- Cook the pasta as per the package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic along with the chillies.
- Now add the tomatoes and turn up the heat.
- Once the tomatoes begin to break down and ooze liquid, turn the heat into a simmer for about 5 -6 minutes so that it forms into a sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Season well along with the parsley and parmesan garnish. Serve hot.