Watermelon is available in plenty in the markets now. It is packed with vitamins and antioxidants and is also a rich source of fiber. It is fat free and also cholesterol free. So how about a refreshing, healthy and tasty watermelon juice to beat the summer heat!! Just now I am at my Mom’s house. Spending my time reading, eating, sleeping, shopping and watching TV. Enjoying the pampering by my mother so much . I feeling refreshed so i am writing a refreshing recipe. It is a simple watermelon juice with a cute little twist……………..
- Watermelon pieces 2 cups
- Ginger small bit
- Fresh Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Fresh mint leaves 10-15
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Salt 2 pinches
- Remove the seeds of watermelon and cut it into small pieces.
- Put everything in a blender and blend it well. (You need not add water as the water content in watermelon is high)Serve chilled in tall glass. Add ice cubes if preferred.
- This is an optional step. However, I highly recommend going this route. Just ladle the juice into 1 ice cube tray and throw it in the freezer for about 2-3 hours.
- The reason you is because if you used regular ice cubes, as they melted, they would begin to dilute the drink, it gets watered down. If you replace regular ice cubes with watermelon ice cubes, when it melts there’s no dilution.
- All you’ve got to do now is throw some of the watermelon ice cubes in a glass and pour in some juice and go outside,
- Have a glass of watermelon juice today and enjoy the health benefits of this fruit.